Research Methodology and Proposal Writing Workshop
10-12 August, 2018
About this course:
This workshop is about explaining research and research methods. It will outline the fundamentals of doing research at the postgraduate level. It places the researchers’ experience and problems at the center by engaging them into discussions and exercises. The course will appeal to those of you who require an understanding of research approaches and skills, and importantly an ability to deploy them in your research studies or in your professional lives.
In particular, this course will aid those of you who have to conduct research as part of your postgraduate studies but do not perhaps have access to research methods courses, or for those of you who feel you would like additional support for self-improvement.
No prior knowledge or experience in research is required to take this course and as such, the course is for everyone.
The three day training course includes:
- Research question and hypothesis: This topic includes identifying a good research question and hypothesis formulation and how to match research question to appropriate study design.
- Literature review: This part critiques the selected literature, reviews the strengths and weaknesses of literature relevant to your research.
- Study design: Experimental and Observational Study Design.
- Systematic review and meta-analysis
- Research ethics: How to prepare and obtain a consent form and workshop
- Writing research proposal
- Authorship and publication: How to write a proposal and authorship and publication.